2. Competitions to be played in the Delhi Ladies Golf Week are given in the Entry Form.
3. To be eligible to play Handicap Events of the Delhi Ladies Golf Week it is mandatory to submit a history of 20 latest scores including six tournament scores are required of tournaments played one year before the commencement of the Delhi Ladies Golf Week.
|HANDICAP DIVISIONS FOR TOURNAMENTS|
|Gold Division||-12 & Below (for Lodhi Course)|
|Silver Division||-13 to – 24 (for Lodhi Course)|
|Bronze Division||-25 to – 36 (for Peacock Course)|
|DELHI LADIES OPEN GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP – ANNUAL EVENT|
|OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY – Winner|
|OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY – 1st Runner-up|
|OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY – 2nd Runner-up (Optional)|
|LODHI COURSE PRIZES||PEACOCK COURSE PRIZES|
|SIEL GOLD TROPHY||DGCLS BEST GROSS BRONZE|
|JAHANARA CHALLENGE TROPHY||TALWAR TROPHY|
|DLF CHALLENGE CUP||DGCLS SUPER SENIOR TROPHY|
|(Subject to number of entries – at the discretion of the Committee)|
|MODI CHALLENGE TROPHY|
|SITA RAWLLEY SENIOR SALVER|
|DGCLS SUPER SENIOR PRIZE|
|SIEL JUNIOR GIRLS TROPHY|
|LOWEST GROSS – GOLD (Any one round)||DGCLS STABLEFORD PEACOCK COURSE (Subject to number of entries – at the discretion of the Committee)|
|LOWEST GROSS – SILVER (Any one round)||LOWEST GROSS – BRONZE (Any one round)|
|STABLEFORD COMPETITION – DAY 3||PEACOCK COURSE JUNIORS
(Subject to number of entries – at the discretion of the Committee)
|DGC SILVER STABLEFORD – 36 HOLES DAY 1 & 2 WINNER & RUNNER-UP|
DGCLS competitions are open only to the members of the Ladies Section. All DGCLS Competitions are played off the Red Tee Markers unless otherwise stated.
A player should report to the starter 10 minutes before her tee-off time and is advised to read the relevant competition notices.
A player who fails to show up for a competition without informing the Competition Manager, Lady Captain or Starter will be barred from playing the next competition / as stipulated by Lady Captain (except Medal Rounds and social golf events).
Scorecards of competitions denoted with a “T” will be deemed Tournament cards.
The player MUST mark her Competition score card in pen only.
Scorecards must be filled by the player and not her caddy.
A scorecard once submitted may not be altered.
A Match Play card, minimum 14 holes, duly signed by the opponent will be treated as a “T” card.
For handicap purposes a Match Play card will be counted up to the last hole played.
Once a draw has been posted on the Board, only an authorized Committee Member can change it.
It is a player’s responsibility to check her tee off time.
Competition cards must be put into the Red Competition Box placed in the annexe. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
PROCEDURE TO ENTER A COMPETITION
There will be a 60 minute official Block Time which will be intimated on the Competitions group Medal Round sheet. Members may make their own groupings of 3 or 4-balls. However, if there are only 2 players left they may play as a 2-ball.
Teeing off Outside of the Official Time:
Members are allowed to fix their own 3 or 4-ball groups at any time on the stipulated day; the onus rests with the players. Players may tee off from the 1st or the 10th tees. Only those competing in the Medal Round may play in the group within the stipulated time slot.
9 Hole Medal
Only the 1st nine may be played. Members are allowed to make 3 or 4-ball groups. Age criteria 70 yrs & above.
The onus is on the player to ensure her name is on the official Entry Sheet by the last date indicated.
The player may email her entry to firstname.lastname@example.org However it is strongly recommended that you write your name on the Competition Chat Group.
Once the Draw is made it cannot be changed other than at the Committee’s discretion. In the event of a last minute dropouts the Draw will stand and the players will be moved up in the set sequence. If one player is left at the end, the last group will play as a 4-ball.
A player who fails to show up for a competition without informing the Competition Manager or LC will be barred from the next competition / as stipulated by Lady Captain (except Medal Rounds and social golf events).
It is a player’s responsibility to check her tee-off timing.
No requests for change of tee off timings / Interchange with another player / draw will be entertained once the draw is posted.
Late entries may be accommodated at the discretion of the Lady Captain / Committee only if it involves no major change in the draw i.e. they can be accommodated in place of dropouts or in available slots.
The Draw will be up at 1:00 pm one day prior to the competition.
Pace of Play:
Pace of Play MUST be maintained. A group must maintain its position on the course and keep the group ahead in sight. You are reminded that a 2-ball match is expected to complete 18 holes in 4 hours; a 3-ball effectively must complete the round in 4 hours 20 minutes.
There is no stoppage after 5 holes; the maximum time allowed for refreshments after 9 holes is 10 minutes.
A group that is not ready to tee off before the group ahead has walked off the green, shall be deemed to be “out of position” and shall lose its place on the Course. Kindly give a pass to players behind you if you are holding them up.
Please keep a copy of the Rules of Golf in your bag at all times.
In case of disputes/doubts, a player may use her mobile to call a Referee / member of the Technical Committee, with prior information to her playing partner. If unable to contact either play a second ball and report the incident handing in your scorecard. Penalty for slow play is 2 strokes. Repeated offence may result in disqualification.
Mobile phones should be on silent mode. Mobile phones can ONLY be used to call a Referee for a Ruling or for Supervision with PRIOR information to playing partner.
SCREENING PROCEDURE FOR A HANDICAP ON LODHI (‘A’) COURSE
1. To be eligible for screening on “A” Course a player should have a membership of DGC Ladies Section and fill the Screening Form which is on the Ladies Section Notice board must be filled out.
2. For Screening she should have a handicap of -16 or below on the Peacock (“B”) Course and must give her handicap printout to Mrs. Saima Shah in the Ladies Section, which can be obtained from Mr. Sanjay, who sits at the 1st Tee his Extn. No. is 450.
3. Before screening the players may be required to answer a simple questionnaire on the Rules and Etiquette of Golf
4. The player will be taken out for a round of golf on the Lodhi (‘A’) Course by one of the Committee Members to ascertain her level of play. Once a player has passed her Screening, she has to put in another 4 cards of 18 holes, (i.e. total of 5 cards of 18 holes), duly signed by a member of the Delhi Golf Club Ladies Section or a member of the club with a valid club handicap. The player will be required to put in 5 Cards of 18 holes each, within one month of her screening. She will then be awarded a handicap on the ‘A’ Course on the 1st of the following month
5. Exceptions for Screening will be made if a player has a valid handicap from a recognized USGA / LGU Golf course in the calendar year of play
6. Screening is not carried out between the months of October to February.