1. All handicaps are reviewed on the 1st of every month.
2. It is mandatory for a player to put in a card each time she plays a minimum of 7 holes. This will become valid when she plays the next nine.
3. To play in all major club events, irrespective of any handicap category a player should have a valid handicap, within the relevant handicap year of the event to be played in.
4. If a player manipulates her scores to influence her USGA handicap index, the Committee shall adjust or withdraw her USGA handicap index depending on the severity of the offence.
5. Examples of manipulating scores include:
- Posting erroneous scores.
- Stopping play after 12 holes to avoid posting scores.
- Deliberately reporting more or fewer strokes than actually scored.
- Deliberately taking extra strokes to inflate a score.
6. If a player finds a discrepancy in her handicap, she may contact a Handicap Manager and ask for her scores to be reviewed.
7. A player is responsible for her handicap at all times.
8. Handicap Index sheets will be issued to players on request prior to their participation in any major competition outside the DGC.
9. Players are required to mark all scorecards in pen only.
10. To play in all major club events, irrespective of any handicap category a player should have a valid handicap, within the relevant handicap year of the event to be played in
11. A player who fails to fulfil the above criteria may be permitted to play in Gross events only at the discretion of the Committee.
12. A player must have a valid USGA handicap within the relevant handicap year of the event being played to be eligible to play in all major club and DGCLS events, irrespective of handicap category.
13. A player is responsible for her own handicap at all times – she should to check her handicap on her scorecard before handing it in.
14. Important: It is the player’s responsibility to inform the Committee if she holds a lower handicap at a different course; in any event she must play off her lowest handicap, failing which she will stand to be disqualified.